Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Maja Design January Project

Hello and welcome my scrapping sistas !!
Today I am sharing PART ONE of my Maja Design January projects.
I designed this layout using the magical ‘Walking in the Forest’ collection.
 Beautiful Deep, Rich, Warm Earthy colors .
to go to the Maja Design Blog 

'INSPIRE'
 This magnificent  photograph was taken by the amazing George Saad .
George kindly gave me permission to use his photos in my scrapbooking works .
here is the link to his facebook page 
 I named my layout INSPIRE , because nature truly inspires me every day .
it shows me about the never ending cycle of life and the layers of change and evolution.
Nature also shows me about trusting the process of life, and living in the present moment .
 I began by tearing the paper (jeans), distressed the edges and laid it over the Autumn in the air –bs paper, 
leaving room for a small layered cluster : heart , bling brad, diecuts and altered metal element.  .
I had fun adding texture by Lacing sections together with string.. 
To me the torn strip represents opening my heart and breathing in all life has to offer .
This torn section represents how life sometimes takes a different path where we have to dig deep , open our heart , feel our feelings and trust the process of life . It is in these times where we discover our strengths and courage .

The leaves and various dies are cut using both papers to add different shades and colors .
 Under the layers of foliage are some inked chipboard pieces adding depth and texture. 

I inked the kraft tag with the Ranger distress ink , Rusty Hinge.
Embossed it, then swiped an alternative colored blue ink over it adding distinction.

Maja Design papers used
Collection: Walking in the Forest – Jeans, Autumn in the Air – bs, Autumn in the air.

Thanks so much for popping by and I do hope I have inspired you to take a look at
 The “Walking in the Forest” collection.
Bye for now

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Oh dear!!! ...... This is truly spectacular!!!!! Looooove!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY collection of papers...& that photo...wow! You are very fortunate to be able to use such beautiful shots! And I LOOOVE your ripped bodice [so to speak!!!!!].....the symbolism is fabulous:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, what a gorgeous photo & what an amazing job you have done scrapping this lo! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous page! love your palette, and the picture is amazing! so relaxing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a great rusty page, beautiful! You just belong at Maja's. You are so right, you can trust on nature. I always look at colors in nature (animals , plants) . It is always good, matching! I know fashion designers look at nature al the time for inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning and so inspiring Heather!! The photo is so beautiful, I had a quick look at the fb page and I am going back for a better look ... his art is amazing too. I cannot tell you how much I love this page ... just magical!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and love love love the torn back papers with the attaching stitches!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing again, the rusty colour is so perfect on this page and the cluster details scream of being so lovingly put together. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art all the time, it's so inspiring.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it's such a gorgeous and very warm lay-out! I love the beautiful colours and your grungy touches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fortunate that you open your heart and feelings to us through your work...love your thoughts behind this work...stunning photo, by George Saad...suits your style and personality perfectly...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous LO with such a great mood to it. The photo is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Evidence is so clear !!! I see lots of nature touch on your creations! You are simply amazing !!! Your creativity inspired many! ... This layout is absolutely stunning .... the photo is great! hugs....x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really gorgeous Heather. Brown & blue looks amazing. So very you. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh such a stunning layout fitting for this gorgeous photo.. love the kraft tags I thought they were pieces of leather when I first saw them... beautiful layout.. so peaceful too..

    ReplyDelete
  15. What can I say Heather? This is exquisite. The papers and colours perfectly in tune with the glorious photograph and eveything in harmony. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning work Heather, your shabby stitching is just divine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning page with a cool picture.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great page, dear Heather. Stunning photo, wonderful layering and the stitching fits perfect!
    Hugs Evelyn

    ReplyDelete